The primary goal of the Penn State Metabolomics Facility is to identify and quantify the small (<1kDa) molecules present in plant and animal biofluids and tissue extracts, as identifying perturbations in the amounts of particular metabolites can offer insights into the underlying biological processes involved in their production. Visitors to this lab will see a faculty presentation on metabolomics, a demonstration of our Mass Spectrometry Facility, and a demonstration of the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Facility.
This tour is sponsored by the Penn State Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences.
- This tour will leave from the lobby of the Nittany Lion Inn for a 14-minute walk (rain or shine) on uneven ground to the facility.
- Please dress accordingly for the weather.
- To arrange transportation assistance, inquire at the check-in desk.
- Our on-campus bus loops are free and ADA accessible, please view this map to see where the bus stops are.
- Monday, October 28th, 8:30 am to 10:30 amAdd to Calendar
- Meet Penn State rep in the lobby of the Nittany Lion Inn to walk to location.